Wondering how to get rid of dark armpits? You could try a home remedy that may work, or an underarm whitening cream that is guaranteed to work.
While this is usually not a serious medical condition why should you throw away all your tank tops and keep covered up because of dark underarms?
There are medical procedures but it’s recommend to try a natural ingredient underarm bleaching cream to restore your public confidence before undergoing expensive medical treatments. Click on the link below for more information about Meladerm cream.
Causes Of Dark Underarms
This can be defined as the dark patches of skin in the underarm area in comparison with the rest of the body. Dark armpits are more common than many realize so you are not alone. Many women (and men) have underarms that appear darker than the surrounding skin.
There are more than a few factors that contribute to this problem. You can learn how to address this concern by combining underarm care tips along with natural armpit whitening or bleaching creams.
Here are a few of the main contributors:
1. Dead Cells: Darker underarms could very well be the result of dead cells along with the dirt and oil that naturally accumulates on your underarms.
Keep dirt and oil from accumulating. Wash your underarms with soap and warm water and exfoliate gently using a loofah. Exfoliate more often if you suffer from excess sweating (hyperhydrosis).
2. Using Deodorants and Antiperspirants: The chemical compounds in strong deodorants could be the reason for darker underarms. Strong chemicals can lead to hyper pigmentation, which can result in permanently darker armpits.
Try natural deodorants that are designed for sensitive skin. Look for ingredients that don’t contain parabens and other synthetic ingredients. Avoid hormone disrupting fragrances and colors, petrochemicals, and aluminum compounds.
3. Friction: Sometimes, when we wear tight clothes on a daily basis, the friction between the material and your armpits can blacken your underarms.
Tight fitting clothes or rough fabrics create friction that leads to inflammation dark patches, says Jeanine Downie, a New Jersey dermatologist. Switch to looser clothes and fabrics that breathe easily.
4. Diabetes: Many people don’t realize that diabetes also causes hyper pigmentation resulting in darker areas on your underarms and other body parts.
Ask your doctor about changing your diet. Follow the advice and be very mindful of what you eat. Maintain optimum insulin levels and avoid blood sugar spikes.
5. Medications Including Birth Control: Birth control pills and other medications can cause hormone fluctuations which can trigger skin discolorations.
If taking the pill is the source of your skin condition stop taking the pill and switch to a different form of birth control.
6. Shaving: Shaving can result in ingrown hair and skin irritation which can contribute to the problem. Sometimes it’s as simple as unsightly stubble, which gives the illusion of darker underarms.
Only use a sharp razor along with a natural soothing shave cream. You could also try waxing as it removes the hair from the root itself. Electrolysis is a permanent option that you could try.
Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Armpits:
There are a lot of home remedies available that you can find online. Some may work with varying degrees of success but most people get much better results from specialty skin creams. Here are some of the home remedies you can try.
1. Lemon Juice: One of the most effective ways to lighten underarms is to rub them with lemon juice every day. Lemon is a natural bleaching agent and will slowly lighten the area. Lemon is also a skin irritant so take care by using moisturizers to soften the skin.
2. Lightening Masks: A popular homemade whitening mask can be made from a handful of gram flour with yogurt, lemon, and a little turmeric powder. Keep it on for 15-20 minutes, and then wash it off.
There are many more ways to make a mask that are readily available online or you can buy a ready made mask. Some of these can be somewhat effective for a while.
3. Potatoes and Cucumbers: Potato also works as a natural bleaching agent. You can either rub your underarm with thin slices or grate the potato and apply the juice to the affected area. Similarly you can do the same with a cucumber.
4. Saffron Mixture: Another home remedy that some claim will work work is mixing a pinch of saffron in a little milk or cream and apply to your underarms before bed. Wash it off the next morning. Sounds pretty messy but people do use it.
5. Sandalwood and Rose Water: Another natural dark underarm treatment is to create a paste of sandalwood with rose water. The good part is you only have to leave it on for a few minutes before washing it off.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar: People claim it can help whiten the underarms. Wash and dry your underarms and apply apple cider vinegar. Do not rinse off. Repeat for a number of weeks. Natural but very slow.
Underarm Whitening And Bleaching Creams
There are many underarm whitening creams on the market, which are designed to fade out those dark patches under your arms. The problem with a lot of these products is the harsh chemicals they are formulated with.
Parabens, steroids and even mercury may be used but the biggest danger comes from Hydroquinone. This toxic chemical is used in most of these types of products even though it has been associated with an increased risk of several serious medical conditions including cancer.
In the United States, the Food and Drug Administration has proposed a ban of hydroquinone in over-the-counter skin lightening products but that seems to be going nowhere. It is worth noting that this chemical is already banned in Australia, Japan and the European Union.
Removing dark marks from your underarms does not justify risking your long term health. Stay safe and check ingredients to stay away from underarm whiteners that contain hydraquinone.
A Safe All Natural And Guaranteed Skin Whitening Cream
There is a safer under arm bleaching cream for the skin that can help lighten those dark spots. You can lighten your armpits using a safe and effective all natural product that many people have claimed works great for underarm whitening.
That product is called Meladerm Cream. This cream was scientifically formulated and created to treat areas of discoloration. In other words it was created for use on hyper pigmentation which is exactly what those dark underarm areas are.
This product contains no harsh chemicals and uses only all natural compounds like extracts from the Mulberry, Licorice and Bearberry plants. You can only purchase Meladerm direct from the company and they stand behind their product with their 30 day money back guarantee.
So why bother to use potatoes and cucumbers when you can use a natural based product that is guaranteed to whiten underarms fast? Are you ready to learn how to get rid of dark armpits and say hello to tank tops and swim wear? If you are click on the link below to try Meladerm risk free.